Friday, August 31, 2012


Who Knew?

Nine years ago I married my best friend.  Our life looks so different than what I pictured it would be.  It’s so much more amazing then I ever could have imagined.  I’m talking about this wonderful gift that we know as adoption.  I think back to the days that we struggled with miscarriage, surgery, and infertility.  The days that we thought we would never have a family.  And that we would have to learn to be ok with that.  Shame on me!  How could I have even thought about giving up that easily?  I am so grateful that we found the strength to fight for what we wanted most out of this life, to be parents.  Both of our adoption had their unique challenges and obstacles to overcome.   The blessings from enduring are worth WAY more than any and all pain we ever felt.  And even now as I write this I just can’t believe how blessed we are that this was our path.  I feel actually grateful for that dreaded word, infertility.  Without it I wouldn’t have what I have now.  And I just can’t imagine that.  Anyone who is reading this post and is waiting for their little one to come home I encourage you to stick with the process and know that it WILL happen.   I’m grateful for the strength that those difficult days have brought me.  I look forward to the next nine years and beyond.  What a gift!

 
 She has the most annimated facial expressions.
 



I love this look she gets when she's really checking something out.
 


Makiah's first Camo outfit.  Nevermind that it's size 6-9 months and she's 3 months old.
 



Hudson was running from me and saying "take Sugar Lumpy's picture". 
Sugar Lumpy is Makiah.  What happened to my photogenic boy. 
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment