So I'm reading this book...
Well actually I've been trying to get through this book for almost four years now. That's embarrassing to admit. I really can see the benefits of reading this book. Possibly life changing! I can't explain why it's taken me so long. I've of course read other books in the last four years. I can't really explain why it's been so hard. It's The Success Principles by Jack Canfield. You know Jack Canfield, the creator of Chicken Soup for the Soul.
A couple of nights ago I was reading chapter 18 (I know, four years, and yes I'm on chapter 18 of 64 chapters). His advice is that whenever you ask for anything you should remember SWSWSWSW. "Some will, some won't; so what - someone's waiting". WOW! AMAZING! These words just engulfed my whole heart. This is how I look at the adoption process. Adoptive parents wait and wait and wait some more. And than finally a birth mother looks at your profile, even gives you a call. And then decides to place with another family or parent. It's heartbreaking, a big deal, but SO WHAT. Someone is waiting. Adoption is truly one of the greatest miracles of life. It's an absolute miracle how Hudson's sweet, energetic, loving little cuteness fits so perfectly into our family. And I know we just have to wait for our daughter, she is coming.
"What you want wants you". Jack Canfield
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment