Friday, April 20, 2012

Clarity

Clarity

I feel so blessed to have such wonderful friends and family.  I really appreciate all the support we received last week, and continue to receive.  And I am feeling SO much better about things.  In fact I’m kind of embarrassed about my little pity party.  I have so much to be grateful for.  And I know that our daughter(s) will be home soon. 

Last Thursday I had the most severe migraine that I have ever had.  Which of course, was brought on by stress.  Corey made arrangements for Hudson to go to daycare.  Thanks to some homeopathic treatments I was feeling almost 100% better by noon.  I cleaned the house and took some time to just rest.  A much needed break!

On Friday Hudson and I were playing.  When out of the blue he wrapped his little arms around my legs and gave me a big hug.  He looked up at me with those big brown eyes and said, “One sister?  Two sister?”  It was one of those moments that just took my breath away.  Why would he ask that?  Where did he get that?  Did he really just ask that?  I tried not to think about.  Play it off as just one of those crazy things kids say.  But I couldn’t get it out of my mind.  I had this overwhelming feeling that it may not be one little girl we were looking for it was possibly two.  I really don’t know for sure.  But I knew I needed to do something.  Many adoptive parents can relate.  It’s that feeling you get that you need to bring your children home, do whatever it takes, and get to work.  So I discussed it with Corey and we got to work.  Actually Corey and I have both had dreams about two little girls.  Even before we knew we could not have biological children. 

The first thing I did was call the adoption agency that we are working with and let them know that we were interested in adopting a sibling group.  We know that situation does not come up very often.   The next thing I did was contact a second agency.  We are in the process of being approved with them.  And I called Utah State Foster Care.   We have our application in with Foster Care.  Corey and I just need to get all the classes taken.  Which is difficult because they are in the evening and don’t end until 9:30pm.  I know this is sad but I’m usually in bed by 9:00.  Oh well, what needs to be done, will get done!

It feels good to be back to myself.  “What doesn’t kill you makes a fighter”.

1 comment:

  1. You are such an inspiration! I am so glad there are those out there that simply do not give up on their dreams!

    ReplyDelete